Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 10v mixer send fader position MIDI data on program change send?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 10v mixer send fader position MIDI data on program change send?

Hi, I'm controlling a Yamaha 01V mixer with touchOSC, and OSCulator is working wonderfully. I was able to get it going without looking at the documentation-what a brilliant application! Everything is working, but I would like to have the option of having the 01V send it's fader position data to touchOSC when a mixer preset is selected, as does a Logic Control, for example when a song is opened in Logic. Right now I have to physically nudge each fader on the Yamaha to link the fader positions on touchOSC. Is this transmission possible? I guess I need to find out if the Yamaha is even generating this MIDI data to begin with, but is this behavior even possible via OSCulator? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

here is the data transmitted by the 01V mixer when making a program change/scene recall-

09:53:27.417 From Port 1 Program 1 0

09:53:27.420 From Port 1 Control 1 Controller 15 68

09:53:27.422 From Port 1 Control 1 General Purpose 1 (coarse) 67

Comment

Great to see 01V users here. Ive just gotten into the basics with faders & mutes at home, and ill be trying it out in a Live situation pretty soon.

Cheers,

e.

Comment

Hey Rick,

This is not something you can do right now, but please have a look at Ezee's post here, and let me know if you are ready to try a little experiment.

Best,

Cam
        Last edited by camille; 06-06-2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: outdated post on old forum

Comment

Camille, I'm willing to try anything you have done. Let's go!

Comment

Camille's latest rev does EXACTLY what I wanted to do with OSCulator. Brilliant!

Comment

Thanks Rick!

I'll release the new beta tomorrow.

Comment

Hi all,
                I recently got a hold of an original 01v for an in-ear monitor mixer. I've been successful in using my iPad to control the aux levels for each mix, but I ran into the same problem as the OP in the thread. I was unable to click on the link in post #4. It seems that there is a way to send the fader positions when loading a preset. How was this accomplished?

Thanks!

Eric

Comment

Hello Eric,

The post was linking to an old version of the forum (I think it is now this post, but I'm unsure).

What you want to do is to enable the option "Send values when this preset is restored" in the Presets menu (on the toolbar).
                  When the preset changes this will send the last known values to every messages in the preset list.

Cheers,
                  Cam

Comment

Working...
                  X