osc bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osc bridge

How can I use oscultator on port 3333 of reactivision and redirect the signal on a different port for an other app

Hi,

Go in the Parameters Window, and click on the I/O tab.

In this panel, change the TUIO setting to Raw + Interpreted.

Now go to the OSC tab, in the table at the top of panel, add the host and port for this other app in a free slot. For example if your app listens to port 9000, double click the cell and write localhost:9000 or choose a predefined value in the "gear" menu.

Before leaving this panel, add an OSC routing by clicking the + button at the bottom and change the slot of this routing to the one that corresponds to the target you have just defined. If this is the default target you're fine without changing anything.

Now, when sending data from Reactivision to OSCulator, you will see a /tuio/2Dobj message register.

To the root of this message (/tuio/2Dobj), assign a OSC Routing event, and use the routing you're just added. This will route all the messages to your application.

You can also click on the disclosure triangle to hide the unused list of arguments.

The result of this setup is that OSCulator interprets tuio events and displays the interpreted messages, but also redirects the raw messages to localhost on port 9000.

Let me know if you need another details.

Best,

Cam

Comment

i've tried but no result

I listen on oscultator tu the port 3333

I want to copy it to port 3333 and 3335

Comment

If you already have a server running on port 3333, you can not send to port 3333 on the same machine. You can only forward TUIO data to port 3335. I'm not exactly sure what you would like to do or if OSCulator is the right tool for this task.

Comment

I use reactivision which send signal to oscultator on port 3333 tu give midi to live ableton

this part works

then I want oscultator to copy the 3333 port signal to an other port like 3334

Comment

maybe it is "rewrite adress" which is not at the rhight form?

this is my screen

Comment

That's right, it should be empty.

Note that since OSCulator is listening on port 3333 and that your first target is sending data to port 3333, you will have an infinite loop here.

From your previous descriptions, I guess you should use localhost:3335.

Comment

I've been really intrigued by this idea - I don't have Osculator yet because I only get my Mac 3 or so weeks from now.

Does this mean that I can receive TUIO on one port from a device, and then relay the TUIO out to multiple other devices so they receive the same data?

If so, then this is the app I've been searching for for months.

Comment

Hi,

Yes this is easy to do, go in the Parameters Window, then the I/O tab, and activate Raw mode for TUIO.
                  You will be able then to route every TUIO messages using the Duplicate command (in the Edit menu).
                  Please let me know if you need further info.

Best,
                  Cam

Comment

Superb! Now I just need a Mac :-)

Comment

I had some other thoughts about Osculator... there is HID support on the Mac; is Osculator able to handle simple HID In / TUIO Out?

Comment

HID input is a planned feature, but not available now.
                        I am working on it.

TUIO out is not planned yet.
                        How would you like to use such a feature? If you can describe with a few words, it would help me design this feature.
                        I'm interested to know more specifically what you would like to convert from HID to TUIO.

Best,
                        Cam

Comment

Well I'm working mainly with touch devices for controlling graphical applications. There are some instances where I might want to control two different sets of graphics from a single touchscreen / touch device. I have a natural preference for TUIO because it's the easiest to support - I don't need to create a new driver to handle each new device.

Where the devices / applications output TUIO, then it's also easy to multiply the signal with Osculator.

Some devices have no bridge application to handle this, or no freely available API, so a HID to TUIO gateway would be a killer here - it would allow me as a linux user to interface anything via osculator with my graphics applications.

TUIO also gives me considerably more range - I can place osculator close to the touch device, but by graphics renderer further away and communicate via the network.

PM me if you'd like to exchange contact details / email etc, and discuss some more :-)

Comment

Nice, I'll send you a PM, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X