Lost visual feedback from Traktor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost visual feedback from Traktor

I used to have TouchOSC + OSCulator + Traktor set up in a way that would make Traktor send MIDI light feedback back to OSCulator, which I then routed back to the corresponding buttons, and it used to work great... however...

All of a sudden, the visual feedback doesn't work. Everything else does though. I've checked all routings and everything looks like it's supposed to, but I'm just not getting MIDI lights back on my iPad.

Is there a specific sequence you have to launch the applications in or something?

EDIT: For some reason it works now, even though the lights were flashing red in OSCulator. I started TouchOSC, then OSCulator and finally Traktor. I have no idea why it's working now. It's 3:22 AM so I should probably get some sleep. You may disregard this topic.
    Last edited by Fzang; 07-06-2011, 04:23 AM.

Hi Fzang,

In order to troubleshoot bi-directionnal communications, I would suggest you try to follow the signal at each stage.
    Of course doing this at 4am is surely not the easiest!

First of all, you want to check if OSCulator receives MIDI from the other program (Traktor for instance). You can see MIDI is working when you change a control in Traktor that you knew was setup bi-directionnaly, and that OSCulator's activity monitor for the "/midi..." message blinks.

Once you have made sure that MIDI is working in both directions, you may ask yourself if the problems comes from the network link between the iPhone / iPad and your computer. For this, open the Parameters window in OSCulator, go to the OSC tab, and see if the first item in the list is your iOS device, and if the item is written in black (not red). If it is red, it means that the device has not been found, therefor you want to check the network connectivity.

The best way to connect a iOS device to the WiFi is to create an ad-hoc (computer to computer) network, or a dedicated WiFi access point plugged in the Ethernet port of your computer. I warmly recommend the ASUS WL-330gE (see this topic for more info).

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X