Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assign based on pattern, is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assign based on pattern, is this possible?

Hi,

First thanks for OSCulator, having a lot of fun with it.

I have this application that I wrote that emits OSC message that look like this:
    (taken from the console, simple logging)
    "/klid/pattern_1323672071743: 60 | 127 | 1"

The message will always have this pattern:
    "/klid/pattern_" + [uniqueID] + pitch + velocity + note_on/note_off

The application is web based with clients connecting to a website where they can send oscmessage to local server. The messages are used to send midi notes locally, with OSCulator acting as an osc-to-midi bridge.

My problem is that the uniqueID will always be different and the number of clients will always be changing. So manually assign messages to events is out of the question.
    However, each will message will always have the same pattern and the same 3 parameters will always be sent. Any clue how I could configure OSCulator to send midi from those oscmessages?

Thanks!

-Miguel

Hi Miguel,

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Do you think you could change the OSC message's address? Remove the the unique-id from the address, and make it an argument, then you will be able to assign this new argument to a "Note Params -> Voice" event. This will enable you to control note-on / note-off on a per client basis.

I see that you are using integer numbers as arguments, which is good, but don't forget to use the latest version of OSCulator to ensure that no scaling will be applied on those value.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Wow thanks for the quick reply!

I can remove the unique-id from the address however I'm not sure what you mean by "making it an argument". Could you explain a little further or point to a resource I could read. Much appreciated.
      Thanks again.

/m

Comment

Here is a suggestion for the OSC message definition:

/klid/pattern <unique-id> <pitch> <velocity> <trigger>

Where all arguments are integers.

Update: I forgot to describe the OSCulator event assignments:

Code:
        [FONT=courier new]/klid/pattern
         0: <unique-id> - Note Params / Voice
         1: <pitch>     - Note Params / Pitch
         2: <velocity>  - Note Params / Velocity
         3: <trigger>   - MIDI Note w/ Params - /klid/pattern
        [/FONT]
        Last edited by camille; 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X