X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDK to wrap OSCUlator Server

Hi,

I'm working on a unity app.
    I need to be able to start the OSCulator from inside the app and wrap the device discovery process with a more simplified interface.
    also, there is no need for a player to see the main OSCulator window.

any suggestions

Thanks,
    Elan.

Hi Elan,

OSCulator discovery process can be controlled with OSC messages from any OSC enabled application. Please have a look at the section "Advanced Wiimote control", page 54 of the manual. You will find all you need to start/stop the discovery process and query for connected Wiimotes. If you can use Max/MSP, there is also an example that you may find useful in the Samples Library folder (in Wiimote/Cycling '74 Max/), the file name is "General Command Syntax". Don't hesitate to ask if you have difficulties.

I am not sure what to suggest for hiding OSCulator's main window, but you may be able to hide the window using an AppleScript from Unity.

Best Regards,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Cam

Ok. page 54 does provide an answer, thank u very much. i will try to implement it.
      unfortunately, I cant open the file "General Command Syntax".
      Unrelated but important, do u happen to know of an Iphone app which can transmit events to the OSCulator?
      I did look at the TouchOSC which seems real cool but it looks like it lacks gyro/Motion sensors support

Thanks a lot
      Elan.

Comment

Hi again

The issue I'm having is the fact that we want to publish a game which includes the OSCUlator. in other words, the osculator will not exist as an independent app on the user's computer. it willbe launched from within our game and willprovide very specific functionality. the user will never get to see the OSCultor main window.
        That is why I was refering to it as a SDK.

is that possible??

Thanks in advance,
        Elan.

Comment

Sorry Elan, I did not understand that in the first place.
          There is no SDK available. OSCulator has been designed from the start for end-users. With some special command-line arguments, it can run window-less, but this is only useful on a computer where OSCulator has been already configured and has a valid license key installed, for example for visual arts installations.

Comment

Working...
          X