Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator and Screensets

Hello,

I have programmed an iPad to switch between screen sets in the environment via MIDI cc49. Osculator has been set so every push button sends a specific value from cc49. Problem is that I can't figure out how to program Osculator to act more like a one shot. Right now, it seems as if every time I push the button it triggers 3 times, which works, but it is very annoying to see logic flash 3 times in between screen sets. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Cloudy

Hi Cloudy,

I don't know what application you are using on your iPad to send OSC message, so my answer may not be specific enough. The problem here is that when you press and release a button you actually generate two events.

The best solution would be to edit the layout in the application you use on your iPad to use buttons that send only one event when touched.

Another solution is to prevent OSCulator from doing anything when the button is pressed, provided that the two values sent by the button are 1.0 when pressed and 0.0 when released. To do that, flip to the Scaling Page (Command-F), and check the "Cap" checkbox, and change the Input Max to a value slightly under the maximum button's value for example 0.9.

The Cap option limits the input to the values that are only in range. Since 1.0 is higher than 0.9, it falls outside the input range, and therefore the event will not be triggered when the button is pressed, only when released.

I hope this answers your question.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks Cam!

That worked great!

Comment

Working...
      X