First off, thanks, OSCulator has been a useful program for me as I try
to use some wiimotes to create music via Ableton Live (I purchased a license a couple weeks back).
I've been using version 2.12-beta5 (20120305), as I have some newer
wiimotes with motion plus enabled that require your updated connection
code (as described in this thread
). Unfortunately, I believe I may have revealed a bug with the
To replicate the bug, I was trying to setup 2 presets for both
approaches to using a d-pad (as described in this thread
- I started with a new/empty osculator page, with 1 wiimote connected
- from the initial Default preset, I configure up and down to have
duplicate entries (I cut the example in half, from 4 to 2 tracks)
- I click on new preset from the drop-down
- I rename the new preset to "preset_midicc"
- I now duplicate that preset again (for the alternate OSC routing) method
- I rename the new preset (Preset (3)) to "preset_osc"''
- on the new preset_osc, I delete the up/down buttons, removing those
duplicates, and then re-create them
# experience bug now
- if I select "preset_midicc" - I don't see my previous midicc configs
- if I select "preset_midicc" AGAIN - I see some of my previous midicc configs
The situation deteriorates from here, making presets a bit
challenging to use.
Thank you for the feedback.
Thank you very much for this detailed description this very useful.
Could you please share the oscd file with me so I can see exactly what is happening? Don't hesitate to send it to my email address: camille at osculator dot net.
Also I would like to know what system version and computer model you were using.
Thanks for the prompt response and feedback (both online and offline).