Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wii Balance Board sensors not working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Balance Board sensors not working...

Hi there,

My problem is the sensors on the wii balance board are not sending any data to my Macbook Pro (Mac OSX 10.6.8). I have tested this on two balance boards and they both connect perfectly. Surprisingly, the power button on both boards have displayed a message in OSCulator but none of the four sensors in the boards are showing messages. I have tried this on other applications such as DarwiinRemote and WiiScale with the same result.

I also tried a Wiimote which worked perfectly and I was able to send midi data to Ableton. If you have any ideas why this would be happening or a solution to this problem, I would love to hear them.

The Wii Balance Boards that I used were both the RVL-021 model and the remote was the RVL-003 model.

Regards,

James.

Hello James,

Could you please tell me what version of OSCulator you are using?
    The latest version (> 2.12) has more reliable connection to Wiimote and Balance Boards, so the problem you are having makes me think you are using an older version (pre 2.12). If however you are using a recent version, I'm afraid I have no idea at the moment why this problem could happen. If needed I have a more detailed test that we could try.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

Thanks for the reply Camille,

I am using the latest version, 2.12.0.3 and I would very much like to try this test that might help find a solution!

Regards,

James.

Comment

Thanks James, I just sent you an email with the necessary information.

Comment

Thanks Camille,

Just tried launching the file, still no luck...

I just got the same result as usual, which is just the button showing up in messages. It appears as though no data is ever being sent from the sensors to the computer in the first place. I do not own a wii so I am unsure if you can somehow reset the board, but I did try this on two of them with no luck.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi James,

Please follow the instructions given in the email, and reply via email as well.
            I need to see the results of the test run.
            Thank you!

Cam

Comment

Hello James,

Thank you for sending the log file.

I see that the Balance Board properly connects to OSCulator, that you attempted to pair the device with OSCulator, and that the pairing was successful. I am not exactly sure at the moment what could be the problem.

So, now that it is paired, you don't need to pair it again. Can you try to press the front button until the connection is made? At that point the Balance Board should connect and send sensor data. I believe that the pairing process closes the connection to the Balance Board, and that you must then re-connect the device in order to get it working.

Please let me know if that helps.

Best,
              Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

I did try this and I was able to reconnect by pressing the button,
                but I just got the same result of only getting messages from the button and not the sensors.
                I attached the log file if you would like to view it.

Regards,

James.

Comment

Thank you James, I will try to understand what could be the problem.
                  I will get back to you soon.

Comment

I am also using the demo version. Not sure if that makes a difference or not... I will definitely buy a license if we are able to solve this problem!

Thanks,

James.

Comment

Hi James,

I am still looking for a solution.
                      What baffles me is that the log you have sent me looks exactly the same as a normal log for a Balance Board. I tested under 10.6.8 and 10.7.4 without a problem. The only difference is the model number. My Balance Board shows model RVL-WBC-01. Can I ask you how old are these boards?

Best,
                      Cam

PS: I can see you purchased a license today, thank you very much!

Comment

OK, I think I just found the reason why it is not working, and this is actually because of the model number difference. I will send you a new build to see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

Hello Cam!

Great news!! The problem is finally solved and everything works perfectly!!! Thank you so much for your ongoing support, the license was worth every penny!
                          My model number was also RVL-WBC-01 and both boards were purchased around september last year.

I cannot thank you enough, as I now have all the equipment I need for my art project!

Best wishes,

James.
                          Last edited by James; 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Great!
                            Thanks for notifying this problem to me.
                            The fix will be published in a future release.

Comment

I also have had this problem. I have a wii balance board which worked fine. Suddenly (on the day of my experiment) it's stopped working.

I do get the button signal so I know the connection is OK. I've tried this with another board and get same odd problem ( connecting but no weight signals). I've rebooted mac running 10.10.1 ( was working OK).

Any help I'm desperate !

Model number RVL-021 for both

Comment

Working...
                              X