X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with key commands :(

Hello!

I have a problem with oscillators keyed/keycombo function

I made a video explaining my exact problem!

Hope it can be solved

Cheeeers
    Johannes Drakenberg - Artist
    - Facebook - Soundcloud - Tour Dates - Youtube -

Hi Johannes,
    Someone else has reported a similar issue, I am looking into it.

Thank you!
    Cam

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to a solution

cheers and have a nice sunday!

Comment

Johannes, could you please tell me what application you are trying to control?

Comment

Ofc, it's Zoc, By emetic.

But i have had the same problems with safari for example.

ultimatly i would want to send some commands to the zoc app, and then some others to wirecast (live streaming)

osculator "does" allow me to select an app for every key, but it never works

Thank you once again Camille for your outstanding service, even after all these years of questions and requests on oscillator you're still on top of your game with your first class product and service! I just wish there where more developers like you!

Is there any paypal or something i can send you a beer or two on?, or should i just buy the licence again

Comment

Hey Johannes,

Thank YOU for being a user!
            I'm happy OSCulator is useful, and it is important to me that it works even on the newest systems.

While searching a solution to the problem another user described, I found a bug and fixed it in an interim release. Please have a look at http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...et-not-working.

Also, I have noticed another, more problematic, issue that is related to key combos on OS X Mavericks and higher: It seems Apple forbids control of sandboxed applications in while in the background. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but you can try it for yourself: open TextEdit and choose it as the Default Target. There is no way to send anything to the application this way, the only solution is to choose the default target "Frontmost Application", and have TextEdit frontmost. The problem does not occurs when the application is not sandboxed.

So, I don't know if that applies to your problem, but I'd be curious to know if the interim release helps (see http://www.osculator.net/res/osculat...0-ga62a38a.dmg).

Please let me know, otherwise I'll have another look at your video (very helpful, thanks!) to see if there is anything I've missed.

Best,
            Cam

Comment

Hello, i downloaded the interim and it "works"

I can send commands to text edit, having gone into parameters and selected "1" to send to textedit, I can then send to that app, even when i have safari selected... So in theory, everything works now.

However, i can't get it to send to the apps that i want to control, as in zoc and wirecast.
              When i installed the interim, OS X asked me to give oscillator access to control my computer under OS X prefs>privacy.

I have setup both a keycode and a key combo but none of them works

Do you think this has to do with the apps that i'm trying to control?

So close to the solution now Thank you once again!

Comment

Of course...

The situation now is that EVERY app except the two i want to control receives keystrokes while they are not selected.

Now wirecast and Zoc are both "major" apps, which means they are not "home-brewed" so to say, it's so weird, and abnormally irritating that neither receives keystrokes like they should...

any ideas?

Neither program receives midi or osc either, which makes it suck even more...

Comment

Now it works, it was some weird setting in the program that did not allow this to work. However, the other app does not work (wirecast) however, that is not a problem as it's selected as main app at all times.

However, my old copy of Osclator does not work, only the fix works.

Thank you for your help Camille

Comment

Hi Johannes,

I'm happy to hear you found a solution and that the future release helps.
                    Sorry for not being able to get back sooner!

Best,
                    Cam

Comment

Working...
                    X