Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch OSC 1.4.1 with OSCulator 2.8.8 & Propellerheads Reason 4.0.1

Hi Cam,

My OS is OS X Snow Leopard. I am unable to generate any sound using Subtractor in Reason (I have tried other devices too) & the Keys Layout in TouchOSC.

I am using the TouchOSC to MIDI - Keys template & have configured TouchOSC as a Midi Control Surface in Reason. OSCulator Out is visible as a Midi Input when I click find.

I can see in the OSCulator UI that touching the Keys in TouchOSC results in messages being received - the lights flicker on & off.

Please help - I am impatient to start experimenting with a working setup! Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure what is wrong with Reason, but I can tell that version 2.8.8 of OSCulator works with Snow Leopard. I just tested the MIDI and it looks like there is no problem.

Are you sure Reason is qualified for Snow Leopard already?

Have you tried another software, preferably not NI, like Ableton Live?

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

Ableton Live works fine. Unfortnately I don'thave a licensed version ;-(

Best wishes,

Jason

Comment

Hey Jason,

It looks like from the Propellerheads website that their software is fully functional with Snow Leopard. Reason has been updated to version 4.0.1, is it what you are using?

Best,

Camille

Comment

Hey Jason,

It looks like from the Propellerheads website that their software is fully functional with Snow Leopard. Reason has been updated to version 4.0.1, is it what you are using?

Best,

Camille

Comment

Hi Camille,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am not receiving post notifications (I'll check my profile after this...)

Yes, 4.01... I found this page on the Propellerheads website that supports what you're saying.

So do you have any other ideas about what's going wrong in my setup?

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Hello Jason,

Sorry it that may sound obvious to you, but when you say that "OSCulator Out is visible as a Midi Input when I click find", did you actually select that MIDI interface to use it with Reason?

I'm sorry, but I can't see what's wrong there. I just checked again, and MIDI is working well under Snow Leopard.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

That's ok, I understand why you're asking... I selected OSCulator Out as the Midi Input for Reason, if that's what you're asking.

I achieved this by having OSCulator running the Keys template while going into Reason preferences & clicking Find, touching a few keys in TouchOSC & then selecting OSCulator Out when it appeared. I take this to mean that Reason is connecting to OSCulator at some level.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes,

Jason

Comment

Alright, I've downloaded a demo of Reason 4 and tried to use the MIDI input.

I've tried with OSCulator, and another application called MidiKeys (which is a virtual MIDI Keyboard) with no luck. I even tried using the IAC Bus, still no luck.

This was on a 10.5 machine, but I guess this is the same problem that you had on 10.6.

I have sent an email to the support, but without a license, I don't know if my request will be ever considered.

Cam

Comment

Working...
                  X